Using PL/pgSQL with statically built PostgreSQL binaries

From: Bill Chandler <billybobc1210(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using PL/pgSQL with statically built PostgreSQL binaries
Date: 2004-07-13 20:01:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

I built my Solaris PostgreSQL 7.4.2 installation

  configure --disable-shared

My reason was so that clients that install it would
have everything there in one binary tar file and would
not have to install any gcc lib patches, etc.

Anyway, everything seemed to work great until I wanted
to use stored procedures with PL/pgSQL.  Now it can't

Is there a way to do what I want to do and still be
able to use PL/pgSQL stored procedures?  Is there a
better way to link statically?  Is there a configure
option to statically link 'plpgsql.a' as well?

Bill C

Do you Yahoo!?

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Simon RiggsDate: 2004-07-13 20:25:50