Re: Remove email search

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,"Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,"Devrim GUNDUZ" <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove email search
Date: 2004-07-14 02:20:16
Lists: pgsql-www
Folks,

> Well, they have the whole groups.google/dejanews code doing all of that.
> Unfortunately we have somewhat more limited resources as you know. Also,
> bear in mind that our search engine covers a whole bunch of extra sites
> including the Gborg list archives which you won't find on google groups.

Hmmm.  How often is www.pgsql.ru being updated?  It's the "best" search
engine, it was just getting somewhat out of date.

> I'm inclined to agree. Whilst I can't fault Marc's generosity on that
> front, it would be nice to be less dependant (and less of a liability to
> his business :-) ). On the other hand, as Marc just pointed out, perhaps
> the cash is best spent on advocacy and promotion.

Actually, it would be *much* easier to fundraise for servers than for
convention stuff.   It's one of those nice, concrete things to raise money
for.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions