Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Cornelia Boenigk" <poppcorn(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de>,<pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant
Date: 2004-07-11 22:25:26
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Conni,

> Look at http://postgresql.de, it's at the bottom of each page.

Hmmm ... problematic in the US.   The "elephant in profile" is extensively
used by the Republican Party.     Other Americans?  Do you think it would be
confused?

I also like the implication of using the Elephant's head rather than the whole
elephant.   The thought there is that we're focusing on one of the attributes
of elephants -- that they "never forget" rather than that they are heavy,
ponderous, or slow which the body implies.   (and, per Theodore Geisel, "And
elephant is faithful, one hundred percent.")

Opinions?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions