Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant

From: Lamar Owen <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant
Date: 2004-07-10 16:28:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Friday 09 July 2004 18:33, Josh Berkus wrote:
> People:
> > Which contains all of their standard ones, but nothing that contains an
> > elephant ...
> If the elephant is not an "official" logo, then it's a non-issue.

However, the same blue elephant is used for some baby products.  I'll have to
check, but I have a stroller I purchased at Wal-mart that has 'our' elephant
on it.  I have been meaning to send a picture of it to people for awhile,
more as a humor item than anything else.  But, IANAL, so I don't know about
logos in unrelated product areas being confused.
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology
Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute
1 PARI Drive