unixODBC vs. iODBC

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: unixODBC vs. iODBC
Date: 2004-07-09 18:57:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Now that we have removed that "neither unixODBC nor iODBC" version of
the Unix variant of the driver, you get uncontrolled breakage when you
just run "./configure; make; make install".  I think it would be
beneficial to add automatic detection of the available driver manager.
That is:

- if --with-unixodbc is specified, use unixODBC

- if --with-iodbc is specified, use iODBC

- if both are specified, abort

- if neither is specified, search for unixODBC, then iODBC (I think that
is the order of popularity; tell me if I'm wrong). If neither is found,
abort.

Comments?

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Gary DoadesDate: 2004-07-09 19:19:33