Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant
Date: 2004-07-09 04:49:21
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Thursday 08 July 2004 23:45, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> I'm just curious ... the thread about the flyers indicated that PHP
> adopted an elephant as well ... but, I just searched their site and find
> nothing to indicate such, other then one 'image' on an annoumcement for a
> PHP conference in Quebec that the elephant ...
>
> Searching 'PHP Logo' through google, I found:
>
> http://www.php.net/download-logos.php
>
> Which contains all of their standard ones, but nothing that contains an
> elephant ...
>
> So, where is this elusive PHP Elephant?

http://www.eprometeus.com/upload/SERVIZI3f1d280a1be45/php_elephant.gif

I'm not positive this is the original one, but it's awefully close.  The thing
is that afaik this was never really made into an official mascot, it was just
used by some people because the letters PHP look like an elephant. (first P
is the trunk and ear, H is body and legs, last P is a leg and buttocks.... I
see this but can never make out those hidden image pictures...go figure)

Robert Treat