Re: Two Flyers

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Two Flyers
Date: 2004-07-08 22:14:36
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
I will change the logo to the usual elephant on the
condition that the issues with regards to making
the elephant "official" be addressed.

The issues are:
	* the overlap of the elephant with both php and with pgsqlinc.
	* decision of who exactly designates the "official" logo

This is how I was convinced:
	* People who both agreed and disagreed with me
	  politely suggested I should change it for consistency's sake

These were completely ineffectual arguments:
	* "You are wrong!"
	* Generalities about my gender and perceived nationality
	* The Community says so (two or three voices do not make a community)
	* Disregard for the effort to create collateral

elein(at)varlena(dot)com