Re: Two Flyers

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: "Jussi(dot)Mikkola(at)bonware(dot)com" <jussi(dot)mikkola(at)bonware(dot)com>
Cc: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Two Flyers
Date: 2004-07-06 14:26:27
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 01:07:02PM +0300, Jussi(dot)Mikkola(at)bonware(dot)com wrote:

> I think the question here is, why do you have there a picture of an
> elephant? Would a nice mouse be fine too?
>
> If the purpose of the picture is to be a logo, then it would be best to
> use the logo that is associated with what ever is the topic.
>
> The idea is, that when the user sees that logo, he knows, that this is
> the same company, software, or what ever. Seeing another kind of logo
> also means, that this is something else. Maybe a pirate copy of the
> original??

Maybe, but I have seen many different penguins (althought the one from
the (Marc or Larry?) Ewing guy is still the most common), and whenever I
see one I know it's about Linux.

So maybe people should not be picky about exactly which elephant is
there ...

Maybe open source/free software just has a different attitude towards
logos. Maybe it's just me.

"La soledad es compañía"