Re: Two Flyers

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Two Flyers
Date: 2004-07-06 16:22:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, elein wrote:

> I donated the time for these flyers. My company is donating
> the printing.
>
> Are you saying that you do not want the flyers I created
> at the PostgreSQL booth, representing PostgreSQL, at
> OSCON?
>
> Only because I'm using the slony elephant instead
> of the other one?

If you are distributing Slony brochures, use the Slony elephant ... we
have an official logo, that is used *everywhere* ... in marketing, I
believe its called 'branding a product', and slipping in a different logo,
IMHO, only breeds a sense of confusion and incohesiveness as far as the
project is concerned ...

PostgreSQL Elephant != Slony Elephant != Mammoth Elephant

They are all different logos, for different products, and should be used
to advertise their respective products, not a different one altogether ...

----