New News Entry

From: www(at)www(dot)postgresql(dot)com (World Wide Web Owner)
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New News Entry
Date: 2004-07-04 12:00:03
Lists: pgsql-www

A new entry has been added to the news database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?207

Submitted by: pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us
Headline: News Article Highlights PostgreSQL Commercial Supporters and Upcoming Features
Here is a great PostgreSQL article that appeared recently on NewsForge. It highlights companies supporting PostgreSQL and our upcoming 7.5 features.

Story:

Here is a great PostgreSQL article that appeared recently. It highlights companies supporting PostgreSQL and our upcoming 7.5 features:
http://software.newsforge.com/software/04/07/01/0721222.shtml?tid=72&ti$

There is a glowing Slashdot commentary on it:
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/07/01/1449227&mode=nes$

This article is important for a few reasons. First, it highlights our upcoming 7.5 release and generates interest in the significant number of features coming in this release. Second, it highlights the companies contributing to PostgreSQL. This shares public relations
exposure with these companies, and it also shows other companies they too can get involved in funding PostgreSQL and its developers.