Re: permissions

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)fireserve(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: permissions
Date: 2004-07-01 23:15:29
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 14:37:52 -0700,
Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)fireserve(dot)net> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
> >Yes. But you can write scripts that query the information_schema and
> >generate the SQL GRANT commands and then run them.
> >
> Can you post one (with the 'gulity' object names changed to protect
> them), please?

I don't have a script handy as I don't regularly do that. I am not sure
that they would be all that useful for you anyway. The hardest part of
the script is getting the names of the objects you want to grant access
to. If you only want some of say the tables, you somehow need to generate
that list. Once you have the list, plugging the names one by one into
GRANT statements is easy. If you don't want to have the script connect
to the database for simplicity, just have it print them to a file and
run the file from psql.