~Strange Operators~

From: Chris Gamache <cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>, Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)fireserve(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ~Strange Operators~
Date: 2004-06-30 19:58:14
Lists: pgsql-general

I was digging through the operators on PostgreSQL and came across these... They
have no description in \do, aren't in the manual, and I can't seem to Google
them because Google filters out the special chars even if you put them in
double-quotes! I don't seen them in any of the contrib modules that I've
inserted...

~>=~
~<=~
~<>~
~<~
~=~
~>~

They aren't familiar to me, but I can tell that they are text comparison
operators. The details of what and how they compare is a mystery to me!

Could someone in-the-know explain, or point me to a description?