Re: Supported languages

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Supported languages
Date: 2004-06-30 23:48:31
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Thomas,

> I guess that "production ready" is a somewhat fuzzy measure. What would
> it, in your opinion, take to claim that Pl/Java has reached it? Any
> advice on how to get there?

Well, it sounds like all you need is testing. Also, it would have been nice
if you'd brought this up a few weeks earlier. If you tell Tom, tonight,
that you want to move PL/Java into the main tree, I think the answer's going
to be "no" just because it's 12 hours to feature-freeze.

Also, it will precipitate an argument about whether the PLs really belong in
the main tree at all, or whether they should be seperate. And that
*definitely* won't wind up in 12 hours.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions