Re: About inheritance

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Diogo Biazus <diogob(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: About inheritance
Date: 2004-06-30 01:58:36
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Diogo,

Currently, I would *not* use table inheritance as a "selling point" of
PostgreSQL.  It has too many limitations, and those limitations are not being
worked on.

The main reason why table inheritance is somewhat broken is that nobody
currently on -HACKERS seems to have any use for it.   I know that I don't use
it, and would not even were it fixed.   As a result, nobody is particularly
interested in fixing it.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions