Re: : query using kylix (delphi)

From: Darko Prenosil <darko(dot)prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: Carlos Ojea Castro <carlosojea(at)leveltelecom(dot)es>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: : query using kylix (delphi)
Date: 2004-06-29 13:09:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 13:03, Carlos Ojea Castro wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am trying to access a postgresql database using kylix (delhi).
> I made a SQLConnection object and I got it active.
> Then I made a SQLQuery object, but when I try to make it active, i get a
> 'access violation' message.

This is not right list to ask questions about Kylix, however
you probably have no access permissions to get the data (SELECT permission on
targer table).
Check the permissions for the table you are accessing.
For example if You want to check SELECT permission for pg_catalog.pg_index
table, You can do that using:
SELECT has_table_privilege('pg_catalog.pg_index', 'SELECT')
or INSERT permission:
SELECT has_table_privilege('pg_catalog.pg_index', 'INSERT')
etc...

If you have no privileges You can change it using :
GRANT SELECT ON TABLE pg_catalog.pg_index TO public;
GRANT INSERT ON TABLE pg_catalog.pg_index TO public;
or:
GRANT INSERT ON TABLE pg_catalog.pg_index TO some_other_group;
or:
GRANT INSERT ON TABLE pg_catalog.pg_index TO some_other_user;
etc...

You might also want to check server log for exact error message and
explanation.

Regards !