Re: Insert binary data on postgre

From: Eduardo S(dot) Fontanetti <dufuzzy(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Insert binary data on postgre
Date: 2004-06-28 13:50:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

Yes, I've tried, but it is very slow to uuencode.

But I found another thing very better, the functions
lo_import and lo_export.

It solved my problem, really very good!!

Thanks a lot for all the help!

Eduardo

--- Frank Knobbe <frank(at)knobbe(dot)us> escreveu: > On Fri,
2004-06-25 at 07:43, Eduardo S. Fontanetti
> wrote:
> > I forgot a little, or better, a big detail, to do
> this
> > translating from binary to ANSI of a file with
> 100Kb,
> > it will return something like 500000 bytes, and
> this
> > process is very, very and very slow. Then I need
> > use another way.
>
> Have you considered uuencoding or binhexing the data
> so that you end up
> with a "clean" string you can commit? (It will still
> suck up twice the
> file size in space though).
>
> Regards,
> Frank

name=signature.asc

Yahoo! Mail - agora com 100MB de espaço, anti-spam e antivírus grátis!
http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/