Problems with the connection to a Remote Database.

From: Aryan Ariel Rodriguez Chalas <wimogan(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with the connection to a Remote Database.
Date: 2004-06-23 07:36:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi every body, my best regards for every one who reads
this message. I'm writing this message in order to get
some help with a problem I'm having with the
connection I make to a remote Database using
PostgreSQL on a Linux Operating System. The matter is
that when I make my connection every query I make
works pretty well during a few minutes after making
the connection, but if I leave the connection
established and go doing something, when I come back
to continue making queries, after more or less 10
minutes, the connection seems to be loosen and it says
that I have to reset the connection to continue
working. That's a big problem I'm having, because I
have developed an aplication that connects to a remote
Database while on internet and by default I lose my
connection very often while it is supposed not to do
that. I would like to have an alive connection during
more or less 20 hours without losing it unless I have
internet troubles or my computer desconets itself from
internet due some reason. If somebody read this
message and understood something, I would thank if it
is possible to tell me how I can solve this problem.
Please write me to wimogan(at)hotmail(dot)com .
Expecting for answers .... Ariel Rodriguez