Re: matching rows differing only by fkey,pkey

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Matthew Nuzum <matt(at)followers(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: matching rows differing only by fkey,pkey
Date: 2004-06-22 17:27:04
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 12:34:35 -0400,
Matthew Nuzum <matt(at)followers(dot)net> wrote:
> Any ideas? If someone has an alternate method of achieving the same result
> I'd be excited to hear about it.

A more precise formulation of what exactly you are doing might be helpful.
>From your description it sounds like you should already know the primary
key of the row you are copying and can use currval to get the id of the
row just inserted. I get the impression that you are manually using these
values instead of having a script do it. But it should be easy to write
a script that does this for you.