Need help compiling from source

From: Mike G <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need help compiling from source
Date: 2004-06-22 04:49:28
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hello,

I am trying to compile and install 7.4.3-1 from source in cygwin on XP Pro.
I installed bison and flex.  The config, make, and make install are successful.  Running initdb though errors out with the dreaded semctl(....) failed: Invalid argument.

I am guessing that I am not linking to cygserver at all or correctly.

I also copied build.sh from CYGWIN-PATCHES to the top of the tree, and executed it to do all the above in one step.  Same error generated.  Have tried distclean between builds.

I do not have the src for cygserver or ipc-daemon.  Must I build those from src as well before building postgres?

Mike

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Leeuw van der, TimDate: 2004-06-22 07:21:04