Re: mssql and postgres

From: Grega Bremec <grega(dot)bremec(at)noviforum(dot)si>
To: Elielson Fontanezi <ElielsonF(at)prodam(dot)sp(dot)gov(dot)br>
Cc: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: mssql and postgres
Date: 2004-06-21 04:20:11
Lists: pgsql-admin
...and on Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 08:16:36PM -0300, Elielson Fontanezi used the keyboard:
> Hi folks!
>     I would like to know if there is someway to
> interface mssqlserver with pgsql such that
> sqlserver can understand the pgsql encoding.
>     Thanx a lot!

Hi Elielson,

I know of no product that would do that for you, but you might be able to
find something useful from the FreeTDS project that allows you to talk to
Sybase and MSSQL; the project is at, and there's
also some software available from

Check it out, might be worth it.

Hope this helped,
    Grega Bremec