Re: PHP Installation

From: Frank Finner <postgresql(at)finner(dot)de>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PHP Installation
Date: 2004-06-19 13:36:53
Lists: pgsql-php
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 12:52:06 +0300 (EEST) Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org> sat
down, thought long and then wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Rinku wrote:
>
> > Also I cannot understand why all this mistery on the
> > installation. If the wizard is not able to put the right files to the
> > right folders and put the right directives to the right place in the
> > .conf file what's the point to have it?
>
> This is a PostgreSQL-PHP list... Not a PHP-only liste. Please do subscribe
> to mailing lists @ php.net...
>
> > Sorry, I am very annoyed. My next step would be to use MySQL as well.
>
> Oh, there are some people who hate MySQL here (like me...)...

Me too. Please donĀ“t ask people on a PostgreSQL list how to set up a mere
webserver and even set it up with another database than PostgreSQL. If you need
help to install a PHP/Apache including PostgreSQL connects, you are welcome. If
you ask how to use a competitorĀ“s product, ask them.

Reagrds, Frank.