Re: Anonymous cvs access not working in pgFoundry

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Marius Andreiana <mandreiana(at)rdslink(dot)ro>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Anonymous cvs access not working in pgFoundry
Date: 2004-06-18 19:56:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am also considering moving plPerlNG to SourceForge. Although I believe
> that pgFoundry is a good idea, there just isn't enough bandwidth and
> hardware support behind the project to make it usable.

bandwidth related, I'm suspecting that alot of the problem is the Linksys
switch we threw in when we first setup the servers ... at the time, I
didn't know that it was a bad idea :( If you do a trace to the servers,
you'll see a packet loss between 200.46.204.1 and the server itself that
just *shouldn't* be there. Apparently, on an unmanaged switch, if you try
and hard code the ethernet on the server to 100baseT/full duplex, the
switch, for some *stupid* reason, will downgrade itself to half duplex, so
you get a whack of errors ... right now, as a result, we're running
half-duplex on the server(s), which, of course, results in high collisions
*sigh* We're ordering in a new managed Dell Procurve switch next week, to
get that issue fixed ...

As to the hardware support itself ... see my other email ...

----