Re: New News Entry

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New News Entry
Date: 2004-06-18 01:30:47
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Justin Clift wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> <snip>
>> If we approve the blow-by-blow of development for a single project, the
>> only news left on the web site will be for Slony-I ... beta software,
>> IMHO, doesn't belong on the news section (and that includes when
>> PostgreSQL itself goes beta) ... a release is news, not development stages
>
> Sure, but it was a beta2 release last week, and now it's in beta3 and its due
> for proper "release" soon. I'm trying to get it as widely tested as possible
> before 1.0.0 release of course.
>
> Instead of leaving the beta2 blurb there, it's been removed and replaced with
> a beta3 one as that's more accurate.
>
> Hope that makes sense. :)

As long as that is the new policy for the News section, makes perfect
sense to me ... but that means that software announce related to
PostgreSQL now has to be approved, regardless of its development state ...

We should post that policy somewhere, make sure that both open source and
commercial companies are aware of the change ...

----