psql-odbc 7.3.2, postgresql 7.4.2, openoffice1.1

From: Richard Weil <rcweil(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql-odbc 7.3.2, postgresql 7.4.2, openoffice1.1
Date: 2004-06-17 22:10:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I have what is, I imagine, a relatively common setup which is not quite
working. I'm not sure if the problem is with psql-odbc or some other
aspect of the configuration.

Environment:
o  PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on Linux
o  psql-odbc-7.3.2 on WinXP

I'm trying to access the DB through OpenOffice (version 1.1).

After installed psql-odbc on the WinXP machine, I could make the db a
'data source' within OpenOffice. I can see all the tables and create
queries, but I get errors when trying to add or modify data in the
database. I can add data, but it generates errors. I can not modify
data at all.

A sample error message is:

Error inserting the new record

SetPos with data_at_exec not yet supported

****

Are these errors from psql-odbc being older/different version than the
postgresql database? [I saw some comment about error messages changing
in the 7.4 series.]

While it may not be relevant, I can access the DB w/ full functionality
via ODBC if everything is running locally on a Linux machine.

Does anyone have positive experience with a jdbc driver in this setup?

Thanks,

Richard