Status in 7.5 patches

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Status in 7.5 patches
Date: 2004-06-16 18:25:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

With today being June 16th, we are half-way into the one month extension
of the feature freeze, now scheduled for July 1. Here is the status on
the various outstanding features:

Tablespaces - This has been in the queue since June 1 and should have
been reviewed and applied by now. We must give this first priority.

Win32 - We continue to complete TODO items for this port. It should
be all done by July 1.

PITR - Simon has been working on PITR consistently. He has recently
posted a patch we need to review and apply. We also need to discuss how
to recover by bringing the WAL files back without exceeding available
disk space.

Nested Transactions - Alvaro has continued working continually on this.
I believe the only two outstanding items are the use of phantom xids and
guc settings. This patch needs to be reviewed and we need to determine
if there are any other missing pieces needed for nested transactions.

pg_autovacuum started by postmaster - Waiting on final patch from
Matthew O'Connor.

The delay in applying patches has been difficult for some patchers
because they have had to track changes in the source tree. Fortunately,
there has not been a lot of new patches recently. Another problem is
that the longer we delay, the less time people will have to make
adjustments to the patch by July 1.

I have been able to apply small patches, but some of these patches are
so complex I can't be sure they are OK. I have asked Tom to review
these at his earliest convenience, but I need others to review them too.

I don't want to be dealing with these issues on June 29th! I would like
to see some additional analysis of each of these patches by the weekend.
They are in the patch queue:

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us