Re: Search engine is not working

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Search engine is not working
Date: 2004-06-15 23:30:56
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Dave Page wrote:

> That's because they're currently running on different backend databases.
> The one on www is using John's server as the search daemon. The one on
> archives is using search.postgresql.org (which just can't seem to keep
> up with the indexing. It's on my todo list to move archives over to
> John's box as well (which despite being on the end of a bit of a damp
> piece of string somewhere in the Aussie outback, seems to work quite
> well :-) )

I sent a 'report' of sorts to -core already on this, but pending a wire
transfer tomorrow, we are ordering a Dual-Athlon server for the network as
soon as it arrives ... at the same time, we are also upgrading our network
switch from an unmanaged Linksys 10/100 switch to a Managed Dell Procurve
10/100 one to fix some network issues ...

... most of the hardware is being picked up in Panama, but the
motherboard/RAM are being picked up up here (MB is easier to get, and RAM
is about half the cost) ... so there will be some delay on getting the MB
in and ship'd down ... but this at least shines a light at the end of the
tunnel ...

Nobody on this list happens to work for a hardware supplier, do they?

----