New News Entry

From: www(at)www(dot)postgresql(dot)com (World Wide Web Owner)
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New News Entry
Date: 2004-06-15 17:23:55
Lists: pgsql-www
A new entry has been added to the news database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?200

Submitted by: press(at)postgresql(dot)org
Headline: PostgreSQL 7.4.3 Now Available
After several fixes were backpatches to the 7_4_STABLE branch, we have now released a 7.4.3.

Story:

After several fixes were backpatches to the 7_4_STABLE branch, we have now released a 7.4.3.  As the list of Changes since 7.4.2 is quite small, they are included in this email:

      * Fix temporary memory leak when using non-hashed aggregates (Tom)
      * ECPG fixes, including some for Informix compatibility (Michael)
      * Fixes for compiling with thread-safety, particularly Solaris (Bruce)
      * Fix error in COPY IN termination when using the old network protocol (ljb)
      * Several important fixes in pg_autovacuum (Matthew T. O\'Connor)
      * Fix problem with reading tar-format dumps on NetBSD and BSD/OS (Bruce)
      * Several JDBC fixes
      * Fix ALTER SEQUENCE RESTART where last_value equals the restart
        value (Tom)
      * Repair failure to recalculate nested sub-selects (Tom)
      * Fix problems with non-constant expressions in LIMIT/OFFSET
      * Support FULL JOIN with no join clause, such as X FULL JOIN Y ON TRUE (Tom)
      * Fix another zero-column table bug (Tom)
      * Improve handling of non-qualified identifiers in GROUP BY clauses
        in sub-selects (Tom)
      * Do not generate \"NATURAL CROSS JOIN\" when decompiling rules (Tom)
      * Add checks for invalid field length in binary COPY (Tom)
      * Avoid locking conflict between ANALYZE and LISTEN/NOTIFY
      * Numerous translation updates (various contributors)

As always, this release is available on all our mirrors, viable at:

        http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-www.html

And, thanks to David Fetter, is also available via BitTorrent at:

        http://bt.postgresql.org

pgsql-www by date