Re: PITR Archival

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PITR Archival
Date: 2004-06-15 17:13:39
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 04:34:30PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:

> I have a considerable amount still to learn about CVS, diff and patch,
> so anybody wanting to spend 10-15 mins on the phone with me would
> greatly enhance my chances of helping patch my patch, when the bugs roll
> in.

Can't help you with the phone thingie, but if you want to see what's in
a patch and be able to edit it nicely, I suggest you use meld. It's a
python dual-pane GTK display, really nice. Too slow for real coding (on
my machine that is) but real good for seeing what you changed. Watch
out for use of Ctrl, Shift and Alt -- very handy.

Can use CVS as well, or you can use two source trees.

"There is evil in the world. There are dark, awful things. Occasionally, we get
a glimpse of them. But there are dark corners; horrors almost impossible to
imagine... even in our worst nightmares." (Van Helsing, Dracula A.D. 1972)