Re: plperlng - testimport: try 7

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plperlng - testimport: try 7
Date: 2004-06-13 16:38:46
Lists: pgsql-committers
On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> personally, I don't want to subscribe to 101 mailing lists just so
>> that I can see activity ...
>
> I seem to recall that you are always the first one to suggest a new
> mailing list when more than two people are talking about a topic. :-)
>
> The header to allow filtering doesn't really help.  What if I do want to
> see commit messages from some projects but not from all?

Filter on the subject ... reject if X-Site: PgFoundry AND ! Subject: IN (
plperlpng ) ... its really not that difficult ...

> Eventually we'll be drowned by commit messages from dozens or hundreds
> of projects (we already nearly are, and it's been only a few weeks).

Wow, how do you handle committers in the first place?  there have been ~6
messages from pgfoundry, minus the ones that I got Andrew to make to test
that I had the format right ...

> Those who actually read the commit messages to closely monitor the
> projects that they care about will soon give up and overall quality will
> be less.

If ppl aren't already using filtering on their email, they I can't imagine
them not already having given up on all the spam into their mailboxes ...

----