Error connecting to PgSQL server

From: <jcostello(at)datafull(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Error connecting to PgSQL server
Date: 2004-06-11 22:08:22
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hello,
I am writing to you because I need some advice. I have a Mandrake 10 box running PgSQL server, Webmin, PgAdmin, and PgAccess. I used Webmin to start up the server, configured the allowed hosts and users, connects all ok. The data I entered is:

Allowed Hosts

Local Connections     All databases    All users   No authentication

Users       Requires pass?       Can create databases?              Can create users?            Valid until

postgres         No                                    Yes                                       Yes                           Forever
root                 No                                    Yes                                       Yes                           Forever

Webmin detects the server ok, and all works. But pgAdmin tells this error:

Error connecting to the server. Connection refused.
Is the server running on host 127.0.0.1 and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I don't know why pgAdmin says this. pgAccess does the same thing.

Hope you can guide me in solving this thing.
Thanks in advance.

Juan

Datafull - 100% Internet Gratis
http://www.datafull.com

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: 上西 正志Date: 2004-06-12 06:59:20