Help with JSP connection with postgreSQL

From: "Edgar Saenz" <edgarsaenz(at)programmer(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help with JSP connection with postgreSQL
Date: 2004-06-10 14:36:18
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello, I am having problems connecting to postgreSQL from my JSP page.
I have followed the instructions from other mailing lists and have
started the DB with postmaster with the -i option. Also, the
postgresql.conf, I have set the parameter

tcpip_socket = true
and
port=5432

When I try to connect, I just dont get a connection object.
My working environment is:

-Red Hat Linux
-postgreSQL 7.3
-Java 1.4
-Tomcat 4.1.27

I have runned out of options, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Rene

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm