OSCON Organization Update

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Subject: OSCON Organization Update
Date: 2004-06-09 23:42:23
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Table:
We have the table information. David Fetter
will be the point man for the table. I will
help with scheduling--I still owe email to
people who have volunteered.

Banner:
We are researching the banner costs. Contact
me if you have helpful information. We're
hoping for a plain postgresql logo.

Handouts:

1) Requesting brochures from any consultant
or company providing consulting, support,
training, etc. for PostgreSQL. Your company
pays for your brochures. We'll just make
them available at the table. Show the world
that PostgreSQL *does* have commercial support.

2) Ammunition for PHB
My company (Varlena, LLC) is willing to produce
a generic handout to provide ammunition for people to
to take back to PHBs. My cost will be that
I will include my company logo and contact
information discretely on this.

Does anyone have
a) problems with this?
b) favorite executive summary points to
contribute?
c) Ready made content?

3) White papers
Requesting any white papers of a general postgreSQL
nature for conference distribution.

I am going to hand out a version of one of my
General Bits articles (current one summarizing
where PostgreSQL stands with the Open Source
Maturity Model http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits
Comments on this article are *welcome*).

Something like that. With your name and company
name (if appropriate) on the page. We'll figure
out printing costs.

Swag:

Yes we are planning some swag. Contact me and Josh Berkus
for more details if you or your company would like to
contribute or help.

OSCON Wiki:

I strongly suggest that each attendee go to
the OSCON wiki (http://wiki.oreillynet.com/oscon/null?HomePage)
and add your name to the list of Attendees.
(monkey see, monkey do) By using the word PostgreSQL on your
page you will link to the communal PostgreSQL wiki page.

BoF:

Wednesday 7pm Please plan on attending.
We should make it a place to listen to people using postgresql.

* Meet PostgreSQL speakers and core team members.
* Hear the latest news about PostgreSQL 7.5.
* Meet other PostgreSQL users.
* Voice your comments, experience and ideas about PostgreSQL.

Comments or Suggestions, anyone?

What else should I be thinking of that I have not mentioned here???

elein
elein(at)varlena(dot)com Varlena, LLC www.varlena.com

PostgreSQL Consulting, Support & Training

PostgreSQL General Bits http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/