indian advocacy contact?

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: indian advocacy contact?
Date: 2004-06-09 13:24:55
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
http://www.cxotoday.com/cxo/jsp/index.jsp?section=News&subsection=Business&subsection_code=1&file=template1.jsp&storyid=1017

I ran across this article the other day in which an Indian company describes
how they have been running postgresql/linux on IBM hardware with zero
downtime for the past year.  This sounds like a pretty good success story for
postgresql, however in the article, the IT head mentions that they plan to
migrate to oracle in the next year.   I am wondering if we have any idian
contacts who might be able to find out why they want to switch given the
signifigant costs they will have to endure and the success they have already
had with postgresql.

Robert Treat

pgsql-advocacy by date