Re: wikipedia article

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Ilya S(dot) Slyzhnyak" <ilya(at)odt(dot)east(dot)telecom(dot)kz>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: wikipedia article
Date: 2004-06-07 20:10:04
Lists: pgsql-novice

Ilya,

> Here is an article at wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PostgreSQL)
> And here is a question: how relation between tables user and address have
> to be declared?

Regrettably, the Wikipedia article is incorrect. It might be nice to have
such a feature, but we don't actually have it. I'm not sure where they got
their information from.

The inaccuracies in the Wikipedia article have already been raised in the
PGSQL-DOCS mailing list, and I believe (hope) that someone is working to
correct them.

You should query the user and address table in the normal way, i.e.

SELECT users.* FROM users JOIN addresses ON users.address = addresses.id;

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions