Re: Concurrent access related issue.

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Bhavin Patel <bhawin13(at)indiatimes(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Concurrent access related issue.
Date: 2004-06-07 04:23:30
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-ports

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 00:21:08 -0700,
Bhavin Patel <bhawin13(at)indiatimes(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> i have one table
> 2 user tires to select records from that table.
> 1st user select some records
> 2nd tries to select some records .
> so second user is not able to see records selected by 1st user.
> till operation is not completed by 1st user on selected records.
>
> Can you sugest somthing that solve my problem

Normal selects don't block each other. Are you doing SELECT FOR UPDATE's?

You haven't really told us what you are trying to do, so it is hard to
tell you how to fix things. A higher level description of what you are
doing, actual sample commands and a description of the symptoms and why
they are causing a problem for your higher level task woud help people
answer your question.