Problems with built Postgres 7.4 and IPC

From: "Malcolm McEwan" <malcolm(dot)mcewan(at)xmarc(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problems with built Postgres 7.4 and IPC
Date: 2004-06-07 00:05:13
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
	I am having trouble running the STABLE Release of Postgresql 7.4
that I have built. I need to build postgres as we are working on slightly
modified version of postgis.

	I can successfully run the pre-build (7.4.1-3) version of postgres
on my system.

	It seems that the current code base (of postgres) is incompatible
with the various versions/installations of IPC.

	I have the following packages installed
		cygwin 1.5.10-3
		cygipc 2.03-2 .......

	I also have cygipc 1.14.1 installed in /usr/local/...

	When I run my built version of postgres it uses ipc-daemon rather
than ipc-daemon2 and finally fails. When ipc-daemon2 is running by itself
postgres does not see it and initdb fails with a message about shmget......
Not implemented.

	What do I need to do to configure postgresql or my cygwin
installation so that I can  build postgres against cygipc2.

Thanks in advance
Mal McEwan

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Ufficio EDPDate: 2004-06-07 14:23:20