Re: Just to give an idea ...

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Just to give an idea ...
Date: 2004-06-06 21:02:39
Lists: pgsql-www
Marc,

> note that the point of my point was that Josh's opinion appears to be that
> "hub clients" are causing load issues on the servers, which is not
> accurate ...

So, if it's not Hub.org clients, how about doing a little sleuthing on what
*is* causing the resource drain?

Nobody but you has root access to the real server, Marc, so nobody but you can
diagnose why so many of the PostgreSQL.org sites ... including
pgFoundry.org ... are behaving like they're under constant DDOS attack.   If
nothing else, I'd think that you'd be getting complaints from your paying
clients about this!

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions