Re: Just to give an idea ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Just to give an idea ...
Date: 2004-06-05 21:35:19
Lists: pgsql-www
On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

k, www.* is on pluto, not on mars or jupiter, and tends to stay pretty
constant (occasional spikes) ...

jupiter isn't web related load, but mail ...

mars is a combination of things ...

note that the point of my point was that Josh's opinion appears to be that
"hub clients" are causing load issues on the servers, which is not
accurate ... most of our "big clients" are running on neptune, where no
postgresql.org VM is running, and the load on that machine *rarely* goes
above 5, and when it does, I just need to kill off one of the aspseek
processes and it drops back down again :)

----