Re: Updates to gborg site

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>,PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com
Subject: Re: Updates to gborg site
Date: 2004-06-05 14:00:10
Lists: pgsql-www
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

> Do you have a list of the process involved in moving a given project? I
> might be able to pitch in. (Given that I have such an extremely empty
> plate.. hah!)

The idea is (was?) to make it as transparent as possible ... so, there is
some database conversions that have to be made, namely for the bug
tracking system(s), then the mailman archives and CVSROOTs have to be
physically moved over ...

There was a script written that handled all of the backend/database stuff
... and the physical moving of files is a simple scp from gborg -> gforge
into the write directories ...

----