Re: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index

From: joseph speigle <joe(dot)speigle(at)jklh(dot)us>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index
Date: 2004-06-04 03:40:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

hi kj,

select nextval('shipments_ship_id_seq');
then add one to that, say it's now equal 1010 ...
SELECT setval('shipments_ship_id_seq', 1010);

source =

http://www.commandprompt.com/ppbook/index.lxp?lxpwrap=x14316%2ehtm#SETTINGASEQUENCEVALUE

but, sometimes there are deeper problems, as you alluded to.

--
joe speigle
www.sirfsup.com