Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying

From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt(at)metux(dot)de>
To: postgresql advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying
Date: 2004-06-03 20:28:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

* David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org> wrote:

<snip>
> I am sure SQLite can be faster, but its not comparable with either
> MySQL or PostgreSQL
> so is this text based "db" http://txtsql.sourceforge.net/
Ah, I'll have a look at this.
I'm using "flat" text tables in some web applications.
If I can edit the txtsql database by hand, I'll probably switch to it :)

<snip>
> When you talk about speed the average PHP developer is thinking about
> his guestbook or forum becoming slower with Pgsql
> and this is not true ;)
Well, this comes (better: *came*) from the issue that pgsql is a little
bit slower on connection startup than mysql (is it still ?). Some people
say, that comes *because* mysql is MT and pgsql is MP, but IMHO this is
not really true.

I already talked about this issue here. We could implement some kind
of preforking or backends processing more then one connection subsequently.

cu
Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service

phone: +49 36207 519931 www: http://www.metux.de/
fax: +49 36207 519932 email: contact(at)metux(dot)de
cellphone: +49 174 7066481