Re: [HACKERS] Configuration patch

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Configuration patch
Date: 2004-06-02 20:40:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Here is an updated version of your patch. I removed the tablespace part
because we are going to have real tablespaces in 7.5 rather than
initlocation hacks. I added documention of the new guc parameters, and
a paragraph in the postmaster manual page describing the new -D/PGDATA
behavior. (Is that enough?) I see a few malloc/strup's in the
guc-file.l patch, but they seem OK. I cleaned up the patch to be more
intuitive in its use of variable names and structure.

I will apply it in a day or if I get other feedback.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 29.4 KB