Re: Official Freeze Date for 7.5: July 1st, 2004

From: Lamar Owen <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>,pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Official Freeze Date for 7.5: July 1st, 2004
Date: 2004-06-02 01:31:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 01 June 2004 16:08, Simon Riggs wrote:
> The June 1st date was first mentioned on list in mid-March (to me), but
> wasn't generally announced until May under a specific heading. If it was
> set in January, I was never knowingly party to that info.

Well, it should not have surprised anyone.  We have targeted June 1 as a beta
freeze date for several versions, not just 7.5.  In fact, looking back
through last year's pre-7.4 discussion, it's deja vu all over again....

Please read the thread "Release cycle
length" ( http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-11/msg00889.php )
and follow it through.  We're following the same track we did with 7.4.  Are
we going to be a full year this time?  (4.5 months from freeze to release
last time....)

But I could not find using the archives the date June 1 (except in relation to
the 7.4 freeze for 6/1/2003).

The closest to such a discussion would have been in the thread
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-01/msg00273.php, at least
that's all I could find.
--
Lamar Owen