Re: turn WAL off.

From: Chris Gamache <cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: turn WAL off.
Date: 2004-05-30 14:02:28
Lists: pgsql-general
Slightly off topic for this thread... I figured I give it a whirl...

I've often wondered what sort of performance increase one would get by placing
the WAL on a solid-state drive like a 2 or 4GB TiGi. Has anyone tested this
type of setup for a performance gain? For a 2GB drive it runs ~$3000. It would
really have to make a difference... I'm strongly cosidering testing this out.

CG