Re: Win32, PITR, nested transactions, tablespaces

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Win32, PITR, nested transactions, tablespaces
Date: 2004-05-28 20:59:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 28 May 2004, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> Today is May 28. So if nobody will not commit above within 3
>> days, non
>>> of them will be in 7.5(8.0). Am I correct?
>>
>> Not necessarily ... there are several Win32 related features
>> that still
>> haven't been committed (that I've seen) that will push back
>> the release,
>> and hopefully give some time for the other ones to get in ...
>
> Are you saying that the completion of the win32 port will be what
> decides feature-freeze? When it's ready, it's out of time for other
> parts?

Yes ... the other features are important too, but right now, we are
falling behind on marketshare because we are without a native Windows port
... the other features keep us ahead of the pack, but we *need* the Win32
stuff to close off the gap that has been growing ...

As Jan has already mentioned, we have several big features already in 7.5
(ARC, bgwriter, etc), so it isn't as if 7.5 will revolve only around Win32

----