Re: Win32, PITR, nested transactions, tablespaces

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Win32, PITR, nested transactions, tablespaces
Date: 2004-05-28 02:41:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> Is that core's decision that:
>
> o below all four major features will be incorporated into 7.5

We don't know.  If they can be added to CVS without major changes, they
will be in 7.5.  As far as I can tell:

	Win32 has 98% of its code in CVS, so it will make it
	Tablespaces - Christopher says it is ready, and has run tests
	PITR - some functionality might be in 7.5, but we aren't sure
	Nested transactions - Alvaro thinks it is close, but we don't know

> o beta freeze will be June 1

Yes, I think so.  That was Marc's decision actually.

> In the upcoming big event "Linux World" (in Tokyo, from June 2 to 4) I
> need to present about current status of PostgreSQL development. Even
> if cores have not decided yet, kind of information "it's likely
> happen..." would be very valuable for the audience. Suggestion?

I think some of them will make it, not sure about all.