PostgreSQL Logs

From: "Postgresql" <postgresql(at)troygeek(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Logs
Date: 2004-05-27 21:39:19
Lists: pgsql-general
What logs does postgresql produce?

1)       It has transaction logs. Can it log connections? Are there other

2)       When I start postgresql it outputs log messages to the console.
Does this also log anywhere else?

What I'm trying to do is find all the postgresql log files and then find a
way to load them into a database and then have a program scan that data and
look for anything out of the ordinary or to do reporting on the logs (like
how many connections per hour, per day, etc).

Thank you!

~ T r o y ~

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Rory Campbell-LangeDate: 2004-05-27 22:03:08