Re: Relocatable locale

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>,Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Relocatable locale
Date: 2004-05-27 13:03:57
Lists: pgsql-patches
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > > That sounds pretty reasonable to me.
> >
> > True, and we already have our own find_my_exec() which works for Unix too.
>
> What does that have to do with this case?  We're trying to find the library
> here.

Oh, I see that GetModuleFileName() finds the location of your library,
not of the binary.  Nice.  So, for Win32, we use that function call to
find the locale directory?

We do have a comment in port/exec.c:

    if (GetModuleFileName(NULL, retpath, MAXPGPATH) == 0)

and I thought that did only binaries, not the library that uses them.  I
assume if the library is a DLL, it returns the DLL location, and if it
is in the binary, it returns the binary location.

I will make a Win32-specific patch.  Do we want an evironment variable
for Unix?  Seems folks do.  I will work on that too.