Re: pg_hba.conf

From: jseymour(at)LinxNet(dot)com (Jim Seymour)
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_hba.conf
Date: 2004-05-25 20:33:50
Lists: pgsql-admin

<LSanchez(at)ameritrade(dot)com> wrote:

> Thanks Mike!
>
> I already specified the IP address that was specified by my VPN
> connection. I read through the docs and found nothing about anything
> special with VPN connections.

Which address? The address at your end of the connection may not be
the same as the address at the other end: The end trying to connect to
the pgsql server.

It appears from this

"The log says: FATAL: No pg_hba.conf entry for host 10.29.15.113, ..."

the pgsql server sees (or saw) you coming from 10.29.15.113. So is
that address, or a superset of it, in pg_hba.conf? Has the server been
kicked in the pants to recognize the config change since it was added?

Jim