Re: pg_hba.conf

From: Mike G <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: LSanchez(at)ameritrade(dot)com
Cc: xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_hba.conf
Date: 2004-05-25 02:23:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

Your ip address range is probably different when connecting via a VPN rather than in the office. By default postgres will not allow connections from other locations even if tcpip_socket is true without specifying an ip address range, database etc.

Checkout the docs. There is a section on pg_hba.conf.

Mike